Thursday

Body Talk

She knew that the body held on to things, remembered things. She sensed that hidden there in its dark recesses, tied into its muscles, buried in its bones were all the things she had forgotten. Sometimes in her silence she heard it speak softly, in gentle whispers, as it tried to tell her of its memories, its stored secrets. Then there were the other times where she felt its pain / her pain come rushing to the surface without warning, hurtling through her like an express train and splitting her calm demeanour like a scream.

7 comments:

be not blind said...

Really interesting idea.. and so vivid! I really liked the line:

'She sensed that hidden there in its dark recesses, tied into its muscles, buried in its bones were all the things she had forgotten'

Great title too.

Singer said...

Thanks very much be not blind, I really appreciate your feedback. :)

Val said...

Cellular memory is real and I agree with be not blind, this is an interesting idea and very original. I hope one day you expand these vignettes into a full blow novel, that is if they aren't already. You have a gift for narrative and character development.

Singer said...

Thank you Val, I so appreciate your comments and feedback, I will take what you said on board. Thanks again. x

Val said...

Please add an N to blow lol I'm so tired lately it is a wonder I can function at all. You're more than welcome Singer, you are truly a born writer and a pleasure to read.

Singer said...

Thanks very much Val. :-)

Please take good care of yourself. x

nothingprofound said...

This idea that memories are stored in the body as well as the mind greatly appeals to me. I think that's what habit is: the body's memory.